Well, I am in another knitting coffee swap, and I must fill out this questionnaire. This will be helpful for my swap partner, but if you aren't my swap partner, and don't really care, just skip this post!
1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground?I like a medium to dark roast, usually the darker the better. Either whole bean or ground is fine. (I do own a grinder.)
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy?A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? Most definitely leaded, with a rich, bold taste.
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? Whole bean, dark or French roast.
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? Usually for pleasure, as caffeine does not really do anything to me.
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers? I do enjoy the flavored coffees, but not so much the add-ins or flavored creamers.
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? Give me a substantial mug.
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! Room for sugar, no cream.
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? Usually chocolatey goodness goes with my coffee in this situation, but I do enjoy a dunking cookie.
1. Do you knit or crochet? I knit.
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? Most of the time wools, but am open to cottons and wool blends.
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? A baby blanket that was supposed to be done in February, coffee cup cuffs and wine cozies to felt.
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash? Usually earth tones. I am not such a fan of pastels and bright pinks and purples.
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest? I like bamboo needles, and try to avoid working with metal needles when I can.
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? I don't feel like there are any notions that I have too many of.
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going. The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? I would take a skein of the malabrigo and one of the bamboo.
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? No, but I am so ready for it. Here in MN, we are hearing a prediction of 3-6 inches of snow for the first day of spring.
2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one? Tulips
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? Baseball season! Also warmer weather so I can start wearing capris.
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? Trying to be outside, talking my dog for a walk and finding a nice cafe that has outdoor seating.
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up? Doesn't really alter my mood, unless it is continuous days of rain. I would try to use that time organizing and cleaning my house, and then catching up on my Tivo.
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? Snowmen
2. Are you allergic to anything? Not that I know of
3. Do you have pets? Yes, one lovable dog!
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?I have been in a couple of others. Ironically the last 2 were coffee swaps.
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them. "Oh, it's THOSE girls" MN Twins baseball blog (absolutely hilarious), Pumpkin Girl's blog (local crafter) and Slashfood (interesting blog about food)